This image is believed to be the first courthouse in St. Louis. It is also known as The Bienvenue House. This house stood on the northwest corner of Third and Plum streets in St.Louis. Built in 1786 and demolished in 1875, the 20' x 25' house originally had a gallery on all sides and probably a tall pavilion roof. This site is now part of the Gateway Arch grounds.
The Old St. Louis Courthouse - often referred to as the "Dred Scott Courthouse" for its role in the Dred Scott litigation. Records are unclear, but it is believed the Eighth Circuit sat in this courthouse briefly in the mid-1800s. The courthouse became part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in 1940.
The U.S. Custom House and Post Office served as the Eighth's Circuit's home from 1891 to 1935. It is now the home of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District. This Second Empire-style building is one of four surviving federal buildings designed by Alfred. B. Mullett.
The U.S. Court House and Custom House served as the Eighth Circuit's home from 1935 until the court moved to its present quarters in the Thomas F. Eagleton Building in 2000. It is now known as the Carnahan Courthouse and is used by the Twenty-Second Judicial Circuit of Missouri.
The Thomas F. Eagleton Court House is one of the largest federal court houses in the country. This building serves as the court's headquarters, and the court occupies the top seven floors of the building. This picture depicts the court's panel courtrooms on the 27th Floor and the En Banc Courtroom on the 28th Floor.
The court will be conducting in-person oral arguments November 13 - 17, 2023, in St. Louis, MO. view
The court will be conducting oral arguments by videoconference on Thursday, November 2, 2023. Th view
The court will be conducting in-person oral arguments October 16 - 20, 2023. view